Site Computer News
- Bill Brendling has released an updated version of his port of
MEMU for Raspberry Pi -
- Did a couple of repairs on another Memotech user's computers -
benefiting us both
- System 1 - With
a clock and sound problem, also upgraded the onboard RAM from 32
- System 2 - With
a keyboard sense chip problem
- Started a page for copies of the
Danish MTX User Club
magazine (courtesy of Lars Jørgensen)
- Memofest 2017 was hosted by Martin
Hastings on 14th October -
read the report here
Soilamaa is continuing to develop his ROM loader to allow unmodified MSX
games ROMs to run on the MTX
- It is still a work in progress, but, now runs on real MTX
hardware, as well as MEMU - check it out
- Martin Allcorn in hosting
Memofest 2017 on the
14th October in
- Courtesy of an eBay seller, I have uploaded a better quality
scan of "Memotechniques" from "Personal Computer News",
Issue 46, from January 28
1984 - see the
- I have just completed a quite interesting repair on the MTX500
given to me by Wolfgang Joerger. As well as the almost obligatory
VRAM fault, the machine had a failed TMS-4764 Mask ROM - direct
replacements for these devices are not available -
read how I resolved
the issue here.
- Although not Memotech related, David Kimberlin-Wyer has
contributed an article
on how to replace the internals of a failed PSU in a Tatung Einstein
TC-01 with an alternative open frame PSU.
- In a similar way to my "one-off"
CFX Special, David
provided details of how he modified one of Andy's memory boards
and his MAGROM board to allow both to be installed inside his MTX.
- Another distraction from MTXPlus+.
. . . . Martin and I have taken
Bills excellent work
with the Parallax Propeller and created an updated version of
CFX, oddly enough, called
CFX-II, which includes 80
column output to a VGA monitor.
- Posted some high quality scans of "missing" tape inlays (Courtesy
- Posted a schematic of the Video Wall
Frame Store AtoD/Controller board (Courtesy of Tony Brewer)
- I have just supplied a "one-off"
consisting of one of
cards joined to CFX
- The same method could be used to join
MAGROM and CFX is
someone wanted both internal
- A new firmware
version for MAGROM is now available with a range of "new" MTX512
- Posted an article
from Computers and Electronics Magazine that briefly discussed the
- Having had a few "notes of interest", I ordered another run
of MAGROM boards -
- The MAGROM boards have now arrived and although they are
working, they have a
- "Another year over. And a new one just begun."
- The distributor of the MTX
User's Club Germany has now put copies of the
MTX-Info magazine on line
- Posted a copy of the original CP/M
ROM from the FDX SM1 Interface board
- Another generous donation from a, or should I say an "ex", Memotech
owner from Germany!
- Wolfgang Joerger has just sent me a
64K "MTX500" with Twin
- It is in great condition and early indications are that it
is fully functional - more details soon
- Bill Brendling has reverse engineered the FDX CP/M 80 Column
card driver - full
- Status update for
- A slight distraction to other activities, but there has been
some renewed interest in MAGROM
. . . .
- If there is enough demand, I will get some more boards
made, if you are interested,
drop me an e-mail
See Other "News"