The Memotech MTX Series
Memotech Related Web Tools
Memotech MTX500 Group is a very active group for
users of the Memotech MTX range of computers. Over the past few
months, there have been many interesting technical posts in this
group which would have been better posted to user forum, such as
rather than a Facebook group. This would have allowed better
filing, archiving and particularly, searching of these old
posts. If you want to retrieve something from a Facebook Group,
you need to keep scrolling to the bottom of the web page,
selecting "older posts" and/or "View more comments" until you
either find what you are looking for or give up!
I was becoming increasingly frustrated by having to wade
through pages and pages of older posts to find something that I
knew had been posted and I wanted to retrieve. I did some "Googling"
on this subject and did not find an ideal solution to the
problem, however, I did find something that gives me the ability
to retrieve all posts and comments into a single HTML file that
can be searched.
found this post that describes how to use
node.js and the
Facebook Graph API Explorer to do what I wanted.
|Dump Facebook Group posts & comments
- Install node.js
on your PC
- Go the the
Graph API Explorer
- Get an Access Token for User Groups
- (The code is time limited, just get a new one as
- You can get "me/groups" for a list of your
- (If you just want to do the MTX group, it is
- Download the fbgrpdmp.js file (select the Zip
- Edit it to include your Access Token
- Open a command prompt in the directory where the
.js file is
- Enter "npm install fbgraph"
- Enter "node fbgrpdmp.js 2443017753"
An HTML file will be created containing all posts and
|by Dave Stevenson